Our vacation this year was to New Zealand! Danny and I have been wanting to go to New Zealand for years now. We wanted to go there last year but we ended up going to Hawaii. But when we found out that my younger sister, Siale, was getting marry in August we thought this was our chance to go. A great vacation and family reunion! I am so excited to see my families who I had not seen in 12 years. We didn't want any reasons of not going so we found a great price on Air New Zealand and jumped on it months before which it was April.
July 24th, we flew from Utah to LAX. The bad thing about our trip, was that Malik was sick. Because we were worried about the possibility of him getting really sick while we are on vacation, we took him yesterday to the doctor. He gave us Tylenol and said to let it run its course. Thanks Doc! Great advice! :)
So back to our getting-ready process. Danny worked the night before and I stayed up really late trying to pack our stuff. First of all, I promised myself that after this trip, I will never wait until the last minute to pack for a trip. Danny had put what he wanted me to pack on our bed so I had to figure out what I was going to take as well as getting Malik's stuff ready. I swear it was hectic. When Danny came home the next morning I was still running around trying to pack our stuff. We finally got everything (I thought) packed and Sipa (thanks so much) took us to the airport. On our way up to the airport, I remembered that I hadn't packed any of my hair stuff. I turned around to Danny and told him that next time we all pack our own stuff. Danny just looked at me and rolled his eyes :) He knews it was my own fault for waiting till the last minute to pack. Danny always tells me that I strive on last minute. He said I function well when I am under pressure. Come to think about it, I think he is right but oh well, I am still mad that I didn't get my hair stuff.
We got to the airport fairly quickly. We checked in and everything went well but we didn't want to go in just yet because my friend Josie was coming up to the airport to drop off a package that we forgot at the house. While we waited, Malik was crying because he wasn't feeling well. I knew that it will be a long flight to LAX. He cried a little on the plane but for the most part, he was okay. In LA, we had about 10 hrs before our flight to New Zealand, we went and spent some times with Danny's aunts and cousins and his grandparents were there. They were so nice to feed us and let us relax before our long flight tonight. And, Malik was able to meet his uncles and cousins and I was able to finally meet some of his cousins. We had a great time in LA!
Danny was also happy to see his relatives. For those of you who don't know, Danny was actually born and raised in LA until he was in high school when his family moved to St. George, Utah. So it was fun for him to be back in LA and see his families there.
4 comments:
That's a great vacation! Looks like you had fun.
So next year's trip is to Panama? Lol... Actually, NZ is at the top of my list of places I want to visit.
That looks like so much fun. Would love to go there someday. I heard the ice cream is the best. hmmm :)
what fun lil adventures your family has and how blessed u are too love u guys!! I enjoy reading all the fun things you do!!!
Post a Comment