
This week, Danny and I had some great time reminiscing about the good old days. The dating, engagement, and the whole crazy wedding preparation. All we have to say is that we are so grateful that we are married and especially for our son, Malik. We joked back and fourth about how we met and who liked who first and all that good stuff :). For those of you who know me and those that know Danny can probably say how different we are. But I guess it's true what they say, "Opposites attract..." Well, I think it will only be fare to tell our story so here you go....
How we met?
Wow where to I start... It was crazy! We actually attended the same singles ward (Provo 7th). Yes, singles ward does work, guys!!! Anyways, Danny's older sister, Saane, got us together. But let me start from the beginning. May 12th was a Friday night and my roommate, Autumn, and I were sitting around our apartment debating on what to do. We finally decided to go with some of our ward members to a dance up in Salt Lake. When we got there Saane and I didn't want to dance so we turned around and headed back to Provo. As we were driving back, we started talking about the ward and who is sinlge and stuff... you know what they say, when girls get together, what to they talk about?... you got it "BOYS"!!! :) Anyways, the conversation turned into Danny, her brother. Apparently, he had been asking Saane about me and Saane was telling me this and I got all excited and told Saane that I think he is cute and wouldn't mind going on a date with him. The very next day was Saturday I got a called from Danny inviting me for Sunday dinner, Mothers'day, with his family. I agreed to it and that was our first date.
How long did we date before we got married?
We started dating in May of 2006 and we got engaged in September of 2006 so 4 months and we got married January 13, 2007.
How did he propose?
It was September 5th, 2006!!!! when it happened.
Yeah, I got it right...Danny! He always teases me that I forget the date when we got engaged. Anyways, it was Tuesday, his pay day :). It was crazy because I was so uncooperative that day. Just ask Danny then he would tell you....
Okay, we had planned to go to the temple that day after I got off work. But when he came over to my place, I didn't want to go anymore. Then, he told me that we should go to dinner at this new restaurant in Provo. At first, I didn't want to go because I had a long day at work and I was exhausted and didn't feel like going anywhere. But, I finally gave in and we went. The restaurant wasn't such a bad idea. My food was delicious but poor Danny, he didn't like his food at all. So, I gave him mine (just being a nice girlfren :). But as soon as we were done I told him that I wanted to go home because I forgot my key and didn't want to wake up my roommate when I got home. But he convinced me somehow that we should go for a walk. Knowing how full I was from dinner, I thought it would be a great idea to walk it off. We ended up at the Provo temple which was appropriate because the flowers were gorgeous and it was a perfect night to be out. We walked around the back of the temple and just enjoyed the light and the flowers. We finally ended up at the North side of the temple on a bench. We sat there for a while just holding each others hands and smiling. Danny finally broke the silence by expressing his deepest feelings to me. This was very new to me because he had never really talked to me like this. Some where in the back of my head, I thought he was gonna break up with me. Hold on, I have an explanation about this, you know guys in past relationships were like this....a guy started talking about his feelings, making you all feel good then he ended by saying and that is why you deserve someone else other than me...
Okay, back to my story, he didn't actually did that. Thank goodness! I only remembered that he went down on his knee and pulled out the little box and asked me to be his forever. I jumped up and said....YES! and hugged him and looked down on my finger just to smile at my beautiful ring. Danny actually told me afterward that he had planned to propose to me in the celestial room if we had gone to the temple. I kind of wished that we had gone.
I will have to tell you our wedding story on another day....:)
7 comments:
what a cute story, i was actually just wondering about it the other day! i'll have to post ours one of these days
Awww, how cute! September 5th, huh? That's Saia's birthday! Hahaha. I guess that day is special to both of us then. :)
That is So cute!!! I love reading your story... so you walking off your food :) can't wait for the rest of the story! Hey Malik is so cute, he looks like super baby in the 8mo pix :)
That was cool. For some reason I love hearing how couples met and all that stuff. you two are so cute together and Malik is adorable. I can't wait to see your family 10 years from now with your 12 kids and stuff. Watch out.
Yes, I will actually have 15 kids by then...:)
i love this vika. i'm so proud of you for remembering all the details!! as i was reading i was thinking i probably should write ours down too, before we both forget!! :)
Mary, yes, you gotta do your story. I love hearing about how people meet and stuff so will be waiting.....
Post a Comment