May 10, 2008

Happy 7th Months Birthday, Malik

Malik was nice enough to sleep in today. Both Malik and I didn't even know what time it was when Danny came in to the room and woke us up when he got off work. No, let me get it right, Danny woke us up when he took a picture of Malik sleeping. Luckily, he didn't take one of me...:) Malik must have known that it was his 7 months birthday and he decided to sleep in. Trust me, it felt really good to be able to sleep in on a Saturday morning. If Danny didn't wake us up we could have slept till noon or so.

Our big day started like this... At about 9am or so Danny left with Rockey to our ward "Fathers and Sons Camp" and I took Malik with me to work. Malik was fairly good at work. He just sat on the side of my desk and kept me company. And, when he would start to cry I would pick him up and had him sit on my lap as I did my work or I would feed him his banana puffs (gerber finger food). He loves that stuff! We were only at work for about an hour or so then we went and picked Danny up from the camp. We got home and Danny slept for the rest of the afternoon while Malik and I went shopping. I got some cute stuff for Mother's Day and Malik didn't get any clothes since he still hasn't worn all his new clothes in his closet. We came home and baked his birthday cup cakes. Malik helped out by singing and making cute noises(only a mom would say this...:)) while I baked. The 1st batch was not so good. The cup cakes were all sticking to the pan and they were messy but luckily Danny (the baker) came to the rescue. He did the 2nd & 3rd batches and they turned out really good. Just have a look at the picture and judge for yourself.
The cup cakes on the right were the ones I made and the perfect ones on the left were danny's


Here are shots of me and Malik decorating his birthday cup cakes. He was such a big helper.



Later on the day, our neighbor(Candace & Rockey) came over just in time to watch Malik enjoy his birthday cup cakes. It was so cute... He loved looking at the candles and if we didn't watch him closely he would have grabbed the lid candles and put them in his mouth. We were so happy today that Malik is 7 months old. What made it more special was that tomorrow is Mother's Day. In fact, Mother's day in 2006 was Danny and I 1st date. Who would have thought that 2 years later we are happily married with a wonderful son. Well, I am so happy for everything that had happened in my life thus far. Okay, I will explain all of that tomorrow since it's mother's day but I want my son, Malik, to know how much he's being loved by both his parents. Happy 7th months Son....



Then in the evening we went to Walmart to pick up some few things we might need for the up coming week. Malik loves this part of the day because he gets to ride on the shopping cart. Thanks to Gina for the shirt...



No comments: