I took 5 weeks of maternity leave after I had Malik. I tell you coming from someone who loves to work all the time and coming from a very workaholic family, I was ready to get back to work at about the 4th week into my leave. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my son but I was ready to get out the house and do something different. It's sure is a good thing to get out once in a while! Anyways, I made it to 5 weeks before I got back to work. But since I have been back to work, it's been really hard for Danny to sleep during the day. Malik is now 6 months and he wants to stay up and plays and he has this new thing that he does now. He loves to blow out bubbles from his mouth with his saliva. Trust me you can't sleep with that kinda sound going on the side. However, most of the times, Danny and Malik would be camping out in the car in my parking lot at work and wait for me to get off work. I know, I hate it but you gotta do what you gott do... They would sleep, listen to music, or drive around the block. I feel bad when ever I see them outside and had consider quiting my job to be a full time mom but I just don't feel like our family is ready to be dependent on a one income just yet. I think it would be really nice but I don't think the time is righ yet. The positive side of them kicking it outside in the car in my parking lot at work is that I can step out and feed Malik and get back to work and I am able to see him all day. Sometimes Danny and Malik come and sit with me on my desk here at work and they watch me while I work. I am just lucky that my job is flexible and they are cool with me being a mother and even some times bringin my kid to work and my other big kid(danny :)).
I want Malik to know that it's hard working trying to work full time and being a mom but I love it and may be one day I will quit working and just stay home and play with him....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment